Olympus Foam Float Strap



I took this with me on a sailing / snorkeling trip to the Virgin Islands recently. It easily attached to the Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 and kept it afloat when I took it into the water. I read the other reviews that said the strap would not keep the 1030sw afloat in fresh water. So I tested the strap with the 8000 in a bucket of tap water. It floated just fine. 

The flotation is not strong. So I would expect a strong current (as in white water rafting or kayaking) could pull it under for some period of time. But I had no trouble snorkeling or swimming with it in the waves and low surf. The quick release on the strap is handy if you attach the floating strap onto, or in addition to the strap that comes with the camera. 

This allows you to easily detach the floating strap and stuff the camera into your pocket without a big red pillow hanging out of your pants or shirt. This leaves the camera's original wrist strap attached so you can still use that when on dry land.

Check it out here - Olympus Foam Float Strap

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iview 360 PRO Sport Camera

Epson Perfection V600

Nikon D5300